This workshop will introduce the idea that conflict is a healthy part of relationship building and share tools resolve it. Hybrid Workshop
About this Event:
Next Workshop Date:
Sat, Oct 8th, 2022 | 9:00 – 4:00 EST
THIS IS A HYBRID EVENT.
IN-PERSON (RALEIGH, NC AREA AND VIRTUAL)
*virtual tickets must be purchased at least 10 days prior to the event to allow for the shipping of materials
- Learning Goals
- What Exactly is Conflict?
- Why is this Important to our Relationship?
- All About Conflict & Communication Basics
- The Drama Triangle
- What’s the Plan?
- Closing Activities
Do you argue about the same thing over and over?
Do you feel like you aren’t being heard?
Do you want to learn a new way to finally resolve your conflict?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the workshop for you and your intimate partner.
Fussing about the same thing over and over can get old and usually doesn’t move you closer together. This workshop will introduce the idea that conflict is a healthy part of relationship building. You will learn successful conflict resolution skills/tools, discover ways to integrate these new tools into their everyday lives, and incorporate the practice of empathy and self-empathy. You will also learn how to use words to bring life, harmony, healing, and lots of fun to their relationship. You will learn to understand each other’s differences through kindness and how to love your partner in a manner that grows and sustains the relationship.
Meet your Facilitator – Dwayne Patterson
Dwayne says: My passion for people has been exemplified by a 30-year career of service with the City of Raleigh. My passion for healthy relationships has been personified by over 30 years of marriage to the same woman.
I’ve facilitated trainings for residents, leaders, youth, couples and municipal staff on local and national levels. Through decades of listening, advising, programming and leading, each interaction honed my skills and enlarged my sphere of influence. I’ve been able to experience and enjoy 25 years of church leadership, 15 years of teen programming, 15 years of community engagement/public participation, and 10 years of coaching (girls’ basketball & fastpitch softball). I’ve used that experience plus multiple training and coaching certifications to equip me with the education to collaborate with you. Throughout my career, I’ve not only consulted and coached, but I’ve also led change efforts to transform individuals and team/work group culture and performance.
With engagement across a wide range of generations, I’m grateful that every aspect of my work has shared one powerful connection: people. If I’ve learned anything over the years, it’s that investment in yourself and your people will always provide the greatest return of any investment.
In my workshop, participants can expect an honest, authentic and engaging presentation of proven techniques to resolving conflict. Participants will have opportunities to not only gain the knowledge and skills to resolve conflict, but be able to practice the skills and have fun while learning, with the love of your life.
Virtual Workshops Offer:
1. Up close and personal meaningful interaction with the facilitator and other participants through Zoom Rooms.
2. You will be able to enjoy learning the skills and tools while you are able to share ideas, be a part of the discussion, play the games, win the prizes, and attend the breakout sessions.
3. A test session will be held so that you are comfortable with the platform before the workshop
4. A box of workshop materials will arrive with all of the items that will be used in the workshop.
5. A “Zoom Master” that will respond to any technical issues immediately so that you don’t miss out on anything.
6. Complete and detailed instructions on how the meeting is set up and what you need to ensure your virtual experience has maximum benefits.
You will absolutely feel like you are in the room while you are in the comfort of your own home.
All Participants receive:
1. A pair of TTU “Comfy Slipper Socks”
2. Workshop folder filled with information handouts and activities
3. An opportunity to connect with others through experiential learning activities
Snacks and refreshments – Due to Covid-19, meals will not be served at the workshops but there will be individually wrapped snacks and drinks available for the participants.
4. Discount registration for future workshops
5. An opportunity to win a great door prize!
There are no reviews yet.